Hypnotherapy and EFT Help for Phobias in Grantham.
- Acrophobia (Fear of heights).
- Agoraphobia (Fear of crowded public places).
- Arachnophobia (Fear of spiders).
- Aviophobia (Fear of flying in an airplane).
- Claustrophobia (Fear of enclosed spaces).
- Elevatophobia (Fear of elevators).
- Katagelophobia (Fear of embarrassment).
- Trypanophobia (Fear of needles).
Some rare Phobias:
- Ablutophobia (Fear of bathing).
- Arithmophobia (Fear of numbers).
- Nomophobia (Fear of being without your mobile phone).
- Plutophobia (Fear of money).
- Xanthophobia (Fear of the colour yellow).
Types of phobia
Phobias can develop around any object or situation. They can broadly be divided into two areas:
- Specific phobias
- Complex phobias (which are not discussed here).
These are phobias about a specific object or situation, such as spiders or flying. They often develop in childhood or in the teens.
Some fairly common specific phobias are:
- Animals. Examples: cats, spiders, rats and mice.
- Environmental. Examples: heights, water, the dark, thunder and lightening or germs.
- Sexual. Examples: sexual acts or fear of being naked.
- Situational. Examples: flying, going to the dentist, tunnels, tube trains or public toilets.
- Somatic. Examples: getting sick, choking, injections, medical procedures or giving birth.
- Subjective. Examples: certain foods, objects, characters or appearance.
Fear is when we are scared of something, and a phobia is an illogical fear. The difference between fear and a phobia lies in the normality of fear, versus the abnormal aspects and conditions of a phobia. Fear is a natural and biological condition that we all experience and it can be positive and healthy to do so. Fear helps protect us. It makes us alert to danger and prepares us to deal with it.
Your phobia is illogical, and it can be a completely unique experience from other people with the same phobia.
There are many more specific phobias other than those mentioned here, and some people may experience numerous phobias.
Is your phobia stopping you from living your life to its full potential ?
Hypnotherapy & NLP
Using the very powerful and speedy tools of Hypnotherapy, NLP, Coaching & EFT, it’s possible to help you unlearn and stop your phobic response once and for all as well as ” the fear of the fear” – the intense fear of being afraid (Phobophobia).
Michael can help you let go of unhelpful, unconscious beliefs, and early learnings that have been causing your irrational fear by changing your perspective and helping you feel in control at all times through deep relaxation and raising your confidence with positive suggestions. This is a brief therapy approach resulting in most people seeing positive change in just a few sessions.
EFT for Phobias
EFT Tapping for Phobias is an alternative therapeutic method which has proven to be long-lasting and effective.
Michael is an International Trainer’s Trainer of the work of EFT. He was of the first therapists in the UK to be using this method with clients in London back in the mid-90s.
If you would like to find out more about Michael’s work and how it may help you, he offers a free initial consultation by phone or Skype for up to 30 minutes. You can talk through your symptoms and he can explain how he might be able to help.
Michael prides himself on being approachable, inclusive and positive with an empathic approach at all times. He always validates how a client is feeling. Michael purposefully sets out to deliver high quality therapeutic care through friendly and down-to-earth communication.